
This village offers an excellent sample of religious heritage. The church, located in the town square, was built between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries and the oldest seems to be the sacristy (1604). It is worth mentioning the varied set of baroque altarpieces that it treasures. This church is linked to the Order of Malta.
In this square also stand out the balconied houses of traditional structure and the Casa del Rego (XVIII century).
One of the emblems of Piantón is its bridge, built in 1844 in place of another, apparently medieval, that was swept away by a flood of the Suarón River. This public work has three brick arches and low parapets.
It is also worth visiting the “Puente de Bartolo” recreational area , which has a bathing area.
In the parish of Piantón, specifically in the village of “A Corredoira”, the pre-Roman stele of Nícer (Prince of the Albions) was found, of which we can see a replica in the Municipal Library of Vegadeo, since the original is permanently exhibited in the Archaeological Museum of Asturias.
Piantón is also known for its celebrations, among others:
Easter
The images were made by artisans of the parish, most of them articulated.
The party in “Honor of Suaron”.
It revives the medieval past through a traditional market with craft stalls, food, workshops and crafts, falconry, equestrian meeting and horse tournament, medieval dinner, medieval characterization contest, magical night with torches and the investiture of the knight “Honor del Suarón”.
The International Music Festival
Several classical music concerts take place over the course of a week or so.
Os Teixois is one of the most interesting ethnographic sites in Asturias, where we can find several hydraulic devices recovered and available to anyone who wishes to visit them.
The house where Antonio Raimundo Ibáñez, Marquis of Sargadelos (1749-1809) was born is now an exhibition space dedicated to the life and work of this industrial and enlightened merchant, who in the late 18th century built in Sargadelos (Cervo, Lugo) one of the first cast-iron foundry and earthenware factories in Spain.
Through different media (audiovisual, photographic and computer) we can learn about the Eo River, the different species that inhabit it or the relationship of man with the river; how humans have taken advantage of the wealth offered by its waters and, above all, the importance that fishing has had in the area.
In the town of Villarquille (San Martín de Oscos) we find the Casa del Marco, a peasant house with its furniture, tools and implements which shows the way of life of the rural society of the region until the mid-twentieth century.
Traditionally, in Santa Eulalia de Oscos, knives have been made for more than a century. Nowadays Jorge (knifemaker) and Keiko (metal craftswoman) maintain this tradition developing this ancient craft to which they add part of the Japanese ancestral wisdom.